About Mesa Aquatics Club
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
Mesa Aquatics Club (MAC) is a year round competitive swim team. MAC offers a variety of groups, and programs including Learn to Swim and private instruction for children as well as adults and ensuring swimmers will be placed according to age, ability, and goals. For more information on our swimming programs and fees please contact a team administrator.
Part of MAC's coaching philosophy states technique before training. The primary goal of our staff, within the developmental programs, is to build strong strokes and skills, helping to build a foundation for further training and competitive success. The acquisition of these skills early on also assists in preventing injury as the demands of training increases.
Mesa Aquatics Club Training Groups
Age Group, year-round competitive swimming (14 & Under)
Senior, year-round competitive swimming (15 & over or by Coaches invite)
Masters & Adult Learn to Swim (18 & over)
Water is life, swim for life.
Through the integration of aquatics into the daily lives of its swimmers, parents, friends and staff, MAC embraces the value of health, teamwork, competition, perseverance, goal setting, excellence and fun that is competitive swimming.
1. To nurture the whole child at every age and, realizing that each one is different, allow young people to develop as far as their dreams, talents, and efforts take them.
2. To teach young people the process of achieving. To encourage them to dream, help them set worthy goals, promote a strong work ethic, provide support when they struggle, and inspire them to persevere until they succeed.
3. To provide a level of coaching that will lead to the development of world-class swimmers, should they so aspire, while at the same time allowing beginning swimmers to develop character, self-confidence, and the love for the sport in an atmosphere of caring and consideration.
4. To encourage parents to actively support both their child and the program as a whole, realizing that their personal investment is a key ingredient to a young person‘s success in any endeavor.
5. To provide the community and the swimming world with young people who are becoming the best they can be—as individuals, students, citizens, and athletes.